Monday, April 25, 2005

of candles and abodes...

it's been quite a while. my last blog was exactly a month ago. speak of busy schedules and lousy time management. lately, i've been procastinating. it seemed that i was not working well within my capabilities. what i'm saying is i could do a lot more. it's just that ive been drained perhaps or is the system of being too lenient and passive with the things i have to do have swallowed up the entire me. bottom line, it's time to change...

speaking of changes, i think i've changed too.


last friday, we were up to a tripping (for a real estate broker, the jargon means looking over prospective houses up for grabs) somewhere in cavite. the meeting place was mcdo baclaran at 8.30. pinoy as we are, what else is new but for people to be late. worst, poroy did not showed up. but anyway, i was there as early as 7.30. i decided to spend the remaining time wandering around the vicinities of baclaran to buy some goodies. i had great finds though...some pasalubong for lola tansing for her 87th birthday (a pair of pearl earrings, necklace and ring) for onlyf 70 bucks. great find huh! and some fake pearl bracelets for my cousins and my aunts for only 10 bucks (too spendthrift of me. but what the heck, it's the thought that counts right). then i bought something for myself. a black cap for my black emb give away sling bag (hahaha). after sweating it out on the morning baclaran sun, it's time to heed for the church (by the way, it's my first time to go there) which was my original plan why i went there ahead of schedule.

the church was some 100 meters away from the road. i expected a church with an imposing facade but baclaran church was not. it was just the normal and very ordinary frontage a common church i'd find back home. in fact, some churches in the towns of iloilo are far more classy looking. anyway, it's the popularity of the church that drawn me in. coming inside, i felt a daze of melancholy and loneliness ( at that point, i wish i had someone beside me :):)) i went straight to the 13th pew (this is just an estimate...but look at the number i chose...) and did my thing. i prayed a lot of things. from the ingroin of my left foot to the split ends of my hair. no, just kidding. seriously, i kept my eyes close during the entire prayer. felicitations, petitions and lots of it, penance, thank you's and lots of it also ( i had a lot of things to thank for) . most of all, i was able to say the things i just want to say. speak of talking to someone just beside you and you'll figger out what i did inside the church. after which, i stood up and went out. at the left portion, i found a room (bigger room actually) where people light candles. i figure out that this must be the place where you light a candle and say a prayer. since it would be my first again, i went inside, grabbed three pieces of candles and lighted each one. why three? it represents three important things actually that is happening to me lately. first candle was for my love life for the Lord to help me out and guide me the right way. that simple. then i lighted another one for my family and friends for their protection and success as well as guidance in everything they do. then the last candle i lighted was for my career. i wished to the Lord that i could finish my nursing school and for whatever he has plans for me....

feeling satisfied, i alighted from the church compound fulfilled and feeling renewed. now, did i ask for forgiveness for the sins i did lately? i think not. and so that night before hitting the bed, i said another prayer.
the trip was enjoyable. gel, bob, gina and milner completed the group. we fetched alvin in sm bacoor since we are supposed to eat our lunch in their house. first stop was golden villas. model houses were already constructed. not bad although i find it smaller from what i've envisioned. but the place is nearer from manila as compared to the one we visited next which was tahanang yaman. there, the houses are much smaller and seems to be houses for the marginalized sector (well, count me in since i'll be availing one in the next months)...it's time now to fix my Pag-ibig account...


after the tripping, the road led to the house of alvin in anabu, imus, cavite. there we had a sumptuous lunch (adobo, laing, sweetened cucumber in vinegar and fried red meat fish). after eating, we talked for some 1 hour in the dining table since there is no room for us to stretch our full stomach.

since we went back home early, i passed by the school to follow up the status of my transcript. i was supposed to talk with the registrar and sort things out regarding the remarks in the transcript coming from my previous school. good thing, the assistant was all too kind that time and she opted that i just have to change my transcript. i was thankful all the more. after school, i still have my sling black bag with me, i went straight to the gym to sweat out. i spent more than an hour and went home tired but feeling bulky on the chest (this time i concentrated on my chest exercises and some biceps also).

the night was still young and i was feeling kinda bored at home. i went to my barkada at the back of JRU and had some emperador. we downed some three bottles (that's long neck they call) and i was very sick the following day. i was throwing up the whole day my head was all too painful (talk of not drinking again during times like these..)

but then, the next day was another outing. me and my family circle in indang, cavite. this time, it's a cold spring. i was not able to swim though becuase the gin beckoned to me....(hahaha) and so my night again was full of nightmares...puke here and there...

ahhh...so much about puking....

No comments: