Tuesday, February 05, 2013

One Liners... I Love Her


Over the weekend while watching TV in the living room, Baby Dax was her usual self again trying to hurt Ate Bob. For the longest time I have used all the medium I know just to make her stop hurting her Ate Bob physically. Anything she's holding will surely land in her Ate's chubby body. Belts, hangers, cloth, slippers, glares and shouts were to no avail especially when she is really mad. Good thing Ate Bob never raises a hand on her and would just resort to asking for help every time her baby sister would attack her.

Quite feed up of the same situation over and over again, I shouted at Ate Bob when Baby Dax was trying to hurt her again saying "Why don't you fight back everytime she hurts  you?". To which she retorted, "But I love her Papa". That one melted my heart. And she added "If I hurt her back, then she would hurt me some more." I gave her a hug after she said that. I never thought about that because what I was thinking was if she fights back then Baby Dax would stop hurting her.

Then I thought maybe it is a good thing after all that the other one just give way. The musings of daddy cool. :)

9 comments:

mike said...

that is so sweet of ate bob. don't worry, they will outgrow this phase. i know because i've seen this between by two nieces.

ignored_genius said...

I hope that when time comes that my Mik has his own younger sibling, he'll be as sweet as Ate Bob to him/her.

Rix said...

sweet na bata si Ate Bob. nakakatuwa na sobrang mahal nya si baby Dax kaya ayaw nya gantihan si babay Dax :)

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Don't worry. That phase will eventually stop.

Good girl talaga si Ate. As parents, we also learn from our kids.

Senyor Iskwater said...

sweet naman ni ate bob... a loving ate... sana naman itigil na yan ni baby dax ha...baka kalakihan eh...hehe

Jessica said...

ang sweet naman ni ate, T_T

joy said...

So sweet of ate bob:) you must be teaching her right coz she is a good girl:)

June | Life and Spices said...

Siguro mapapaluhod ako nyan then aakayin ko si Ate bob then hug her tight.

Mar Unplog said...

One Liner... but the message hits home! We adults, learn from kids also sometimes... and when we do, it is really an eye opener for us.