Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One Liners...Falsetto


Ate Bob One Sunday Morning


After the Sunday school over the weekend, Ate Bob was too excited in telling me that her sunday school teacher asked her to sing for the class.
Me : So what did you sing for them?
Ate Bob : The song that I usually sing papa (referring to the song "Listen" by Beyonce).
Me : Oh you mean "Listen".
Ate Bob : Yes Papa. And some of my classmates covered their ears.
Me : Why would they do that?
Ate Bob : Because papa I sing at the top of my voice and I did falsetto too.

Curious if she knows the meaning of falsetto, I asked her.

Me : What's a falsetto?
Ate Bob : (with a raised eyebrow) Duh, its the false voice that you use when you cannot reach the high notes.

To which I ended up like the stupid one for not knowing what the word falsetto is. Lols. On second thought, falsetto has the "false" word in it making it maybe, just maybe originate from the false word itself. Now I know. lols.


14 comments:

Rix said...

Singer talaga si ate Bob. Baka next time whistle naman ang sabihin/topic nyo daddy earl :)

Anthony said...

False ito! Chineck ko muna talaga ang meaning sa internet ng falsetto at ito ang nakita ko...

Falsetto is the vocal register occupying the frequency range just above the modal voice register and overlapping with it by approximately one octave.

Hindi ko rin naintindihan. :D

eArL... said...

lols. hindi ko din maintindihan. hahaha....

June | Life and Spices said...

Natawa ako kay Anthony..lol..ang complicated ng meaning.. hahaha

Pink Line said...

hindi ko rin alam ang meaning ng falsetto kaya malamang naniniwala ako kay ate Bob hehehe....

Phioxee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phioxee said...

hahaha make sense nga naman yung sinabi ni ate bob, dad.

eMPi said...

Now I know, falsetto is false voice. Hahaha!

joanne said...

Napaka-bibo at smart naman ni Ate Bob! Kasi naman daddy, why'd you ask pa.. duh!! Hahaha

Senyor Iskwater said...

nakakatuwa at marami tayong natututunan sa mga one liners ni ate bob... she's so witty just like you...

ZaiZai said...

haha ang cute cute talaga ni Ate Bob!You should have had her sing in her false voice hehe so you'd know what she was trying to describe :)

bagotilyo said...

tama c ate bob :)

batang bata pa alam na. ahhaha

Jei Son said...

I just read this. ang kulit

Buzz Lightyear said...

Awesome story, that is hilarious! And what a beautiful family you have!

Kids really do say the darndest things. My wife (who is a Pinay) told me that yesterday our 9-year old daughter came home from school and said, completely out of the blue: "Mommy, I would never want to marry Dylan" (Dylan is a boy in her 4th-grade class). My wife replied "Why's that, sweetie?", and our daughter said "Because then I'd get C's and D's in my grades in school!".

I look forward to following your blog. Ingat!