Friday, March 15, 2013

Hail to the Valedictorian...


I could not contain my happiness when I learned through wifey that Ate Bob is the class valedictorian of the Advanced Casa. It's like a grand slam for her as she was also the valedictorian in her Junior Casa and Senior Casa Class.  As I write her valedictory address last night, I was a little bit sad that I would not be able to put on her medal on thursday. Most of all I will not be able to see her deliver her valedictory address.

Early this morning, I told her through Skype to practice her speech. I was teary eyed while she was delivering her lines knowing that she is slowly creating a niche of her own.

This is her new class picture. She is the 6th from the left.

Here is her valedictory speech. Before I left last time, I asked her what to put in her speech if ever she becomes the valedictorian. And so most of the content of the speech were hers. It's a simple one.



Valedictory Address
By Ava A. Ventura
Advance Casa Blue
Le-Sil Montessori School
March 21, 2013


Good afternoon everyone! Time flies so very fast. I was a tiny little girl when I started in Junior Casa with Teacher Christel. I still am little I think (gestures the right hand just below the shoulders) but I have gained some pounds (squeezes the cheeks a little and put on a smile).

You see, when I was in Teacher Christel’s class, I used to be talkative. Oh well, until this time I think.  But Junior Casa days was a whole lot of fun. It was the many firsts for all of us. First birthday party in school. First dental check-up. First of everything I guess. Most of all, it our first time to make friends with our classmates. And who will forget our first field trip? We saw carabaos in real life. How cool is that?

Senior Casa days was even more fun. New classmates came in and that means more friends too. I always look forward to Fridays were me and my classmates can play in the playground.  We even get to have a new teacher too. Hello, Teacher Apple.

It was also the time when I started to join singing contest and was able to join PSAP. It was an experience I will never forget. It was the time when I started my singing career apart from my dream of becoming a doctor someday. I even got to have a big billboard with my name on it (stops for a while and smiles). It was my first too. I also gained new friends and learn new things this time under Teacher Apple.

On our Advance Casa days this time with Teacher Chat, we learned more new things. Most importantly, we learn how to write well. It was always writing and writing (pauses again and looks at Teacher Chat with a smile). The most exciting in Advance Casa though is our field trip in Zoobic. That was soooo cool! We get to see tigers and different animals up close and personal. I wanna go back there again (with eyes beaming and a quaint smile).

For all of these, I just want to thank my teachers and the Ate’s who were always there every school day. Helping and providing us with what we needed. We were a little bit naughty sometimes but we enjoyed it so much.

Today is the last day of our pre-school days. And I am a little bit sad. (sad tone in voice)

I remember just before the school opening of Senior Casa, my Mama would not enroll me here but I cried and I begged not to put me in a different school because I love it here. (big clear voice)

For me, there is no other better school than Lesil. (with conviction and strong voice)
 For me, there is no other school where I can find my best friends. (with conviction and strong voice)
For me, there is no other school that can top that.

To my friends, I wish you all the best. For some, this might be our last being together but for those who will stay, see you all in Grade 1. I might have to use my begging and crying powers again but I know I will succeed. Thank you. (smiles before taking a curtsy).


13 comments:

Rix said...

a cute valedictorian address, making friends while learning is really fun.. I miss studying...

Senyor Iskwater said...

Awwww.... congrats kay Ate Bob... Yehey... Nagbunga ang lahat... Ganda ng speech...

eArL... said...

hoist rix at senyor bakit gising pa kayo? :) thanks

Rix said...

Daddy Earl, pang gabi na kasi ang shift ko ngayon.. laya gising pa ako :D

Mr. Tripster said...

Aww! Ate Bob! COngratulations! I'm really happy for you Daddy Earl. Sana magkaroon din ako ng ganyang daughter. Minsan nga kapag na-imagine ko ang anak ko umakyat sa stage na ganyang honor student, maiiyak siguro ako.

Brava!

mike said...

congrats to ate bob. and to you as well. :)

ignored_genius said...

Congratulations to Ate Bob and syempre kay Daddy Cool. galing ng speech niya. for sure, may guidance ni daddy ito. :)

Zion said...

Congrats to ate Bob!!!! :)

Proud daddy!

jonathan said...

You have good fruits because you planted good seeds. Congratulations!

ZaiZai said...

Congrates Ate Bob! Well deserved! Pavideo mo na lang ang speech so you get to watch it :)

Jei Son said...

Congrats ate bob,, ngaun lang ako ulit nag basa. wish you all the best

halfwhiteboy said...

aww...
still, you must be really proud :)

Rechilda P. Villame said...

Sir, the speech was very well-delivered. It was so spontaneous and so natural- as if she was simply talking to the audience. I was quite amazed by how such a young, little girl developed that kind of confidence in public speaking.
Congratulations, for having a very smart daughter!

Prof Rechilda P. Villame
(Guest Speaker during the Moving Up Ceremony)