Monday, March 11, 2013

Missing Home


I miss home.

A snowstorm welcomed me the moment I stepped  out  of the of the plane and entered JFK airport last friday afternoon. It was just a breeze going through the US immigration and the biting cold was just too much when I was finally out of the building. Good thing my brother was there with an extra coat. The air coming out from my mouth was forming a steam-like smoke as if a muffler from a century old car.

The day after, the snow melted away. But then it is still cold. Although the sun is scorching hot, the wind has a different sting on my cheek. The mood was dreary too. I dunno. Perhaps because I am in a foreign land and I miss home.

Time will tell whether I can stay a little longer. If I cant then perhaps I will pack my things and head home.

Here's my snow pix as my brother would say. He was insistent in having my pix for my first day right after we got out of the car.


12 comments:

Hi! I am LiLi! said...

Welcome to America. :)

mike said...

welcome to the US of A. as you can tell, NY welcome you with a "winter" snow. :)

jonathan said...

So sudden changes in weather. God bless!

Jei Son said...

Gud luck jan.have a good health

eArL... said...

thanks for the well wishes.
@mike, yep i was welcomed with a winter snow.

June | Life and Spices said...

You look great Dad.. Wag ka muna umuwi.. I know you miss them so much pero it's for them naman

eArL... said...

thanks jun. i like your pictures in your recent post.

Senyor Iskwater said...

post lang ng post pag naho-homesick, ha? we are here to listen... wewill miss updates from ate bob and baby dax...

ZaiZai said...

I could imagine how cold it is there! Sana uminit init na kahit paano.

I'm sure wifey, Ate Bob and Baby Dax miss you badly too. Hugs Daddy Earl!

Anthony said...

Sir earl, pasalubong ng snow :D

Chee said...

the feeling of missing home is what bites more than the blistering cold. though, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do for his family.

bagotilyo said...

habang mainit dito anlamig nama njan. wala lang. hehehhe

Hi america! :)