Thursday, June 20, 2013

Life as we know it...




Speaking about comfort zones, I have to give up mine. The ardent call of the greens on the other side always seems to beckon. While I have contemplated about these five years ago, the thought of leaving work after clearances and all finally sunk into my system five days before my last day of work. Perhaps, it is the plan-savvy in me that have been kicking in through the years. Before, I joined government service, I gave myself five years and after that I will be on my own. It’s giving back time to the Iskolar ng Bayan in me. Fast forward, I will be turning seven years and finally I gathered all my courage to file my resignation. My immediate boss was teary eyed and she couldn’t get over the news when I dropped the thought about it in one of our pantry conversations. When I asked permission to the Admin Manager, he gave me an option to take an indefinite leave for a year so that I will still have a job should I decide to come back. But it was not in my plan. What was running through my mind that time is I have to stick to my plan come what may. I was caught off guard and unprepared I may say. In the end, I refused the offer and now in a weeks’ time I will be leaving my home and I may say family for the past years.


Leaving, however grandiose and promising the next destination is always bittersweet. I, perhaps can say that it is more painful to the one who will leave that to those who will be left behind. For one, it is one of the most serene and happy phase in my life. It is where I had my two, pretty and lovely daughters with an equally stunning and caring wife. It is where I got my first house and my first vehicle. My first trip abroad. It is where I found contentment. It is where I get to sleep peacefully and soundly every single night. It is where I feel I am complete and couldn’t ask for more. In short, my work gave me all this and I am leaving. 


The good news is, all those things will still be enjoyed in my next endeavour. The only thing that I will miss the most is the company of my colleagues who have been like a family to me. It is my first time to have an immediate superior who never in a single moment have I heard nor see get mad at anyone. Extremely sensitive of her staffs feelings and attitude without compromising the work at hand aside from being outstanding in her work. And most of all, the coming-going in day in and day out of the office and most of all the trips in the country sides. And oh, I will miss the Amanpulo trip. If only they scheduled it before June 30. Deym!!! Anyway, Misibis Bay is a whole better (sour graping). Here's a throwback thursday picture (makiuso lang) taken in Misibis Bay during one of our annual inspections.




Oh, well, speaking about trade offs. 


But then again, life will still continue to churn for me, wifey and ate bob and dax. All for the better. Now that I will be on my own, I will get to have more family time with the girls and visit more interesting places and enjoy life has to offer. 


After all, we only live once. Grab the opportunity that comes your way or else it might slip away.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Good luck. You are a good family man:)

Senyor Iskwater said...

nice post... i feel you... i just hope I could also have that courage to stick to my 'plan'...

hmmnnn...

Pao Kun said...

"I, perhaps can say that it is more painful to the one will leave that to those who will be left behind."

-Hmm. Napaisip ako dito.

Tama po, grab the opportunity or else it might be taken by somebody else. ;) God bless!

June | Life and Spices said...

Nakapunta ka na pala Albay Dad.

God bless you lage Dad.. everything happen for a reason